New Forest Cottages Sleeps up to 23
SHORT STAY HOMES OWN THESE PROPERTIES SO YOU WILL NOT PAY A BOOKING FEE ON THIS WEBSITE, BEST RATE GUARANTEED.
Our two New Forest Cottages, Mews Hill and Criddlestyle Cottage are adjacent properties but have their own grounds.
Mews Hill is a modern chalet style property that has been constantly updated and improved to provide 5-star accommodation. It sits within its’ own extensive grounds within the New Forest National Park and can accommodate up to 11 guests. On the ground floor you will find a double bedroom; a king size bedroom with a high ceiling and a disabled en-suite shower room; a cloakroom and a family bathroom with a separate shower enclosure and bath. On the first floor, there is a family bedroom with double bed and single bed; a shower room; a twin bedroom and a further twin bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
To book Mews Hill separately please follow this link Mews Hill, New Forest
Criddlestyle Cottage can accommodate up to 10 people in 5 bedrooms. The kitchen is fully fitted with an electric hob & double oven, microwave, full height fridge and separate freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.The 5 bedrooms are on one level within the cottage. Bedroom 1 has a king-size double bed and en-suite bathroom. The second bedroom has a double bed; bedroom three has adult sized bunk beds and bedroom four has a double bed and en-suite shower room. The fifth bedroom has twin beds and an en-suite shower room. To book Criddlestyle Cottage separately please follow this link Criddlestyle Cottage, New Forest.
Mews Hill has a table that can be extended to seat 23 so you are all able to eat in one house.
Within the gardens, there are 2 large trampoline, 2 barbeques and seating for up to 11 on the patio areas. There is also a substantial and high integral double games garage which has a full sized table tennis table and an adult table football table in Mews Hill. Both Cottages have their own full-size climbing frames for children of all ages to enjoy.
There is a enough space in the Mews Hill front garden or adjoining paddock for a marque to be set up.
There is parking for up to 9 cars and also the facility to bring your own horses on a DIY basis in the adjoining 2-acre paddock with stables for up to two horses. There is an adjoining bridleway giving access to an extensive network of bridleways throughout the National Park. Private fishing is available on an 80 yard stretch of the Hampshire Avon, approximately 150 yards from the properties. (Additional charge for fishing and stabling). Our guests love these properties so see what they have written.
Immediately adjoining Mews Hill, we have planted up a small copse which is also fenced off to stop the deer and rabbits getting in. We have also put a picnic bench there and from now on will allow our guests to use the copse. As well as providing the perfect picnic area, the fencing will also provide a great dog run! Enjoy. You also have access to an additional private woodland for picnics and lovely walks.
A wonderful Welcome pack is provided including a bottle of Prosecco, New Forest Spring Water locally produced Tutti Fruity Jam, Biscuits, Milk, Tea & Coffee*. Also a discount Go New Forest card to be used locally which can provide discounts when used with participating businesses.
* Contents may vary.
For larger groups why not add the Mews Hill Glamping Hut that sleeps 2 or Jessica our VW vintage Bay campervan that sleeps 2 adults and 2 small children or the Riverside Lodge that sleeps 4 + 2 in the Riverside Lodge Glamping Pod
Additional facilities available
- A Sky Trak Golf Simulator is available that we can set up for you to use during your stay in the games room and includes nets. The cost would be £100 for a week-end or mid week break and £150 for a 7 night stay.(£250 security deposit required)
- Hot tub 4 – 6 person also available to hire from £325 for the weekend/midweek break or £400 for a week for Mews Hill or a permanent 4 – 6 person hot tub in it’s own gazebo for £325 for the weekend/midweek or £400 for the week for Criddlestyle Cottage.
- An adjoining 2-acre paddock and stables for two horses are available on a DIY basis if you wish to bring your own horse at £100 per horse per week. The paddock adjoins a bridleway which gives access to the National Park.
- 80 yards of exclusive private fishing on the Hampshire Avon only a few hundred yards from the house. There are 4 good swims suitable for specimen coarse fishing. £75 pp PW or £35 pp for a weekend. Please note that day tickets can be obtained for the immediately adjoining Sandy Balls 1/2 mile stretch of the river for £10 per day pp.
- Additional accommodation in ‘Jessica’ our vintage VW Bay campervan, T2 1600 manual which sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 children under 12. For more details please see here.
- Mews Hill glamping hut available for hire from £180 low season to £570 in peak season. Only available to let as additional accommodation to Mews Hill. Fully insulated with a flame effect electric fire and zip and link beds that can either be a kingsize or two singles.
- EV Charging – 1 charger per property available Terms and Conditions Apply
Either add to cart when booking or enquire for availability or more information. For other great extras including afternoon tea delivered to your door check out our Extra Facilities
Check out our Activity and Discount pages for more information on discounts we have negotiated with local businesses when booking with Short Stay Homes and Activities to do in the area. Also take a look at our Event Page.
|People||21 + 2|
1 ground floor king size – Sky TV and en-suite shower
Criddlestyle Cottage (all ground floor)
King size bedroom (with possible en-suite) with Sky TV
|Lounge & Dining||
Mews Hill Lounge
Modern, light and airy lounge area with comfortable furnishings throughout. The lounge/diner has a wood burner which is perfect for cosy winter nights in. Patio doors lead to a pleasant conservatory that captures the sun all day, with doors leading out onto the patio area. There is a 50″ TV with standard Sky package and CD and DVD player.
Mews Hill Dining area
Open plan dining area off from the Lounge. The dining room table can be extended to seat up to 22 (subject to prior notice and a small fee).
Criddlestyle Cottage Lounge and Dining Area
Character room with split level L shaped lounge / diner with high ceilings with exposed beams creating a spacious and comfortable area to relax in. Exposed Wood Burner adds to the ‘country cottage’ feel and provides a lovely feature for wintry weekends at the cottage. Enjoy a 50″ flat screen TV with sky TV and DVD player. Large comfortable corner leather sofa and additional leather sofa complete the room. Dining area with comfortable seating for 10 guests around a solid wood rectangle dining table. Double doors give access to the rear garden.
Bathroom 1 Ground floor bathroom with bath and shower cubicle
Bathroom 1 (can be en-suite) with Jacuzzi bath with hand shower over, basin, heated towels rail & wc.
Bathroom 2 En-suite toilet and shower room with heated towel rail.
Bathroom 3 (can be en-suite) wet room designed for disabled use.
|Utility Room||Mews Hill Washer/drier and separate drier and sink.|
|Garden||Enclosed. Mews Hill Seating for 11 people with 2 parasols and 2 tables. Trampoline, children climbing frame, Barbecue, Shed and parking for 5 cars. Criddlesytyle Cottage has its own self contained garden and there is parking for up to four cars, seating for 10 people with 2 tables and 2 parasols, barbecue and fire pit. Shed, picnic bench and trampoline.|