Mews Hill with Glamping Hut Sleeps 13
SHORT STAY HOMES OWN THIS PROPERTY SO YOU WILL NOT PAY A BOOKING FEE ON THIS WEBSITE, BEST RATE GUARANTEED.
Mews Hill is modern chalet style property based in the New Forest, Mews Hill has been constantly updated and improved to provide 5-star accommodation for guests. The property also features a cosy Glamping Hut which brings the properties overall sleeping capacity up to 13.
The property sits within its’ own extensive grounds, with the Glamping Hut benefitting from stunning views across the woodland cops. The Glamping Hut is fully insulated with a cosy flame effect log burner, the Hut has a zip & link bed allowing it to accommodate guests wanting either a twin or double room. The Glamping Hut is conveniently located towards the rear of main property allowing guests to have easy access to the house to use the bathroom facilities.
In the main house, on the ground floor you will find a double bedroom; a king size bedroom with a high ceiling and a disabled en-suite shower room; a cloakroom and a family bathroom with a separate shower enclosure and bath. On the first floor, there is a family bedroom with double bed and single bed; a shower room; a twin bedroom and a further twin bedroom with an en-suite shower room.
Within the garden, there is a large trampoline, a barbeque and seating for up to 13 on one of the patio areas. There is also a substantial and high integral double games garage which has a full sized table tennis table and an adult table football table. We have also now added a full-size climbing frame for children of all ages to enjoy.
There is parking for up to 5 cars and also the facility to bring your own horses on a DIY basis in the adjoining 2-acre paddock with stables for up to two horses. There is an adjoining bridleway giving access to an extensive network of bridleways throughout the National Park. There is also private fishing available on an 80 yard stretch of the Hampshire Avon, approximately 150 yards from the property. (Additional charge for fishing and stabling). Our guests love this property so see what they have written.
Immediately adjoining the house, a few years ago, we planted up a small copse which is also fenced off to stop the deer and rabbits getting in. We have also put a picnic bench there and from now on will allow our guests to use the copse. As well as providing the perfect picnic area, the fencing will also provide a great dog run! Enjoy.
A wonderful Welcome pack is provided including a bottle of Prosecco, New Forest Spring Water locally produced Tutti Fruity Jam, Biscuits, Milk, Tea & Coffee*. Also a discount Go New Forest card to be used locally which can provide discounts when used with participating businesses.
* Contents may vary.
For larger groups why not combine our Riverside Lodge or Criddlestyle Cottage properties located within the same private location. Up to 25 guests can be accommodated and we give a 5% discount for multiple bookings.
Additional facilities available
- A Sky Trak Golf Simulator is available that we can set up for you to use during your stay in the games room and includes nets. The cost would be £100 for a week-end or mid week break and £150 for a 7 night stay.(£250 security deposit required)
- Hot tub 4 – 6 person also available to hire from £325 for the weekend or £400 for a week.
- An adjoining 2-acre paddock and stables for two horses are available on a DIY basis if you wish to bring your own horse at £100 per horse per week. The paddock adjoins a bridleway which gives access to the National Park.
- 80 yards of exclusive private fishing on the Hampshire Avon only a few hundred yards from the house. There are 4 good swims suitable for specimen coarse fishing. £75 pp PW or £35 pp for a weekend. Please note that day tickets can be obtained for the immediately adjoining Sandy Balls 1/2 mile stretch of the river for £10 per day pp.
- Additional accommodation in ‘Jessica’ our vintage VW Bay campervan, T2 1600 manual which sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 children under 12. For more details please see here.
- Mews Hill glamping hut for 2 extra at 15% cost of the rental of your booking of Mews Hill.
Either add to cart when booking or enquire for availability or more information. For other great extras including afternoon tea delivered to your door check out our Extra Facilities
Check out our Activity and Discount pages for more information on discounts we have negotiated with local businesses when booking with Short Stay Homes and Activities to do in the area. Also take a look at our Event Page.
1 ground floor king size – Sky TV and en-suite shower
Seating for 8 people, TV/DVD, Fridge/Freezer, Microwave/grill, Dishwasher, Hob & Oven.
|Lounge & Dining||
Modern, light and airy lounge area with comfortable furnishings throughout. The lounge/diner has a wood burner which is perfect for cosy winter nights in. Patio doors lead to a pleasant conservatory that captures the sun all day, with doors leading out onto the patio area. There is a 50″ TV with standard Sky package and CD and DVD player.
Open plan dining area off from the Lounge. The dining room table can be extended to seat up to 22 (subject to prior notice and a small fee). This could be of particular interest if the nearby Criddlestyle Cottage (sleeps 10) or the Riverside Lodge (sleeps 4 + 2 with tree tent) were booked at the same time and a large group wanted to sit around the same table.
Bathroom 1 Ground floor bathroom with bath and shower cubicle – for use by The Glamping Hut
|Utility Room||Washer/drier and separate drier and sink.|
|Garden||Enclosed. Seating for 13 people with 2 parasols and 2 tables. Trampoline, children climbing frame, Barbecue and parking for 5 cars.|