Holiday Cottages with Fishing
You do not have to leave your angling gear behind when you stay in one of Short Stay Homes very own lovely holiday cottages with fishing as you can fish whilst you stay! Imagine fishing from your very own verandah at our New Forest Riverside Lodge or on an exclusive stretch of the Hampshire Avon where record catches have been caught. Think of the delights of indulging in your favourite sport in some of the most idyllic locations in Southern England. Your family and friends, if not fishing with you, will be happy with the many other facilities on hand, so all you need is your rod license and to remember to bring your own fishing gear.
Did you know that fishing has many health benefits as well as being a great sport.
- Increases your vitamin D input
- Good for your heart and lungs, it’s all that fresh air!
- Improves your concentration
- Reduces stress
- Gets you away from the pressures of life and helps you unplug
- Great sport for friends and family to enjoy with you
- Improves your self esteem especially if you get a good catch
- Improves your appreciation of the natural world
So why not pack your rod and chose one of our holiday cottages with fishing with Short Stay Homes who offer a range of fishing experiences.
New Forest and Hampshire Fishing Holidays
Check out an in depth article by Sean Simms on the fishing on this private stretch of the Hampshire Avon
Our Riverside Lodge and the Riverside Lodge with camping pod has it’s own private swim on the Hampshire Avon and it also sits upon a well stocked lake. Here you will find small carp, bream, roach, perch and tench. This is where you can sit on the verandah with the ducks for company and fish to your heart’s delight with all your creature comforts to hand.
It is also worth mentioning both of our stunning New Forest thatched cottages, Beck Cottage, Forest Drove Cottage and Arniss Farm. Although these three lovely properties have no on site fishing, there are many opportunities to fish in the local areas which we have listed below. Please also look at more information our fishing page.
- Sandy Balls Holiday camp offer day ticket fishing on the Hampshire Avon
- Fordingbridge Recreation Ground offer day tickets
- If you have booked seven days fishing on the private stretch of the Hampshire Avon, you are entitled to free fishing at Rockbourne Trout Fisheries. You will have a complimentary half day fishing at Rockbourne where the first fish will be free. In the unlikely event that you do not catch a fish you will be given a 3-4lb rainbow trout or can swap for smoked trout for a £2 supplement. Any subsequent fish will be charged at £20 per fish. Tackle hire is available at £20 per session and guiding at £45 per hour. If you wish to take advantage of this fabulous offer please let us know in advance so we can get it booked in for you.
- Witherington Farm Fishery offer tickets all year round to fish on their lakes
When you stay at our properties and you feel you need a few tips to catch that elusive Barbel then why not treat yourself to a guided fishing day or hone your Fly fishing skills with some Fly fishing lessons with Steve Ward. Quote Short Stay Homes and get 10% discount.
Fish whilst you stay in Devon
In our Devon homes, Blackdown Views , is a stunning Eco Lodge with hot tub that sleeps up to 12 with far reaching uninterrupted views and most importantly it also has it’s own private fishing lake for the keen angler. The Marlpit has a good stock of Carp, Roach, Perch and Bream. So after a hard days fishing, come back to relax in the hot tub and watch the sunsetting at the end to a perfect day.
The Farm House at South Farm and South Farm holiday cottages and fisheries have a selection of well stocked lakes to chose from as well as some lovely cottages that sleep from 2 – 16. Up to 45 if you would like to combine them!
South Farm can provide great fishing holidays in Devon.
Our fishing lakes are naturally spring fed from the adjoining hills which ensures a fine stock of hard fighting Carp, with some in excess of 25 lbs! You will also find Chub of 6 lbs plus, specimen Roach, Tench, Silver Bream, Crucian Carp over 3lb and Perch which are all in prime condition. We are confident that you will find the lakes and their tranquil, beautiful surroundings to your liking. Many of our regulars, return again and again to seek out some of our more elusive specimens.
All our self catering cottages are very close to Home lake, Lake Cottage 30m, Swallow Cottage 40m, Carp Lodge 50m, Oaktree Cottage 70m, Coshes Garden 80m, Cinders Cottage 90m, Stables Cottage 95m and the Farm house is 50 meters. The distance to Lower Ram is a further 250 meters.
South Farm is also welcomes pets so just the place to have your dog friendly fishing holiday.
To find out more information please go to the fishing news at South Farm here
Please always bear in mind, when you book your stay, these golden rules of fishing:
- closed seasons (when you can’t fish) which apply to particular types of water and fish within your region
- read the byelaws of the area you are staying in
- sort of tackle you can use for certain fish in your region
- size of fish you can keep
- children under 16 need to be supervised near water at all times
We have 2 holiday cottages in Christchurch, Dorset that are wonderfully located in the heart of the town and within a few minutes walk of Christchurch Quay. Although these two first class holiday homes Quay House and Quay Corner do not have on site fishing available, there are so many options to fish in the nearby vicinity. You can also book them combined The Quays. See all the great options you have to chose from below:
- Take out a holiday membership from the Christchurch Angling Club and fish the famous Royalty Fishery.
- Try beach fishing on the dramatic beaches at Hengistbury Head, which are best in the evenings
- Catch a ferry to Mudeford and crab fish on the jetty
- Charter a boat for that bracing sea fishing experience
HIRE THE OCEAN RUNNER FOR SOME FANTASTIC SEA FISHING
Check out the Sea Fishing Trips from Poole with the Ocean Runner for an experience to remember. Ryan Jones the Skipper of Poole’s Ocean Runner, a 40ft purpose-built fishing catamaran operating from Poole Harbour. Boat charters from Poole range from short 2-hour fishing trips near Poole & Bournemouth to longer 12-hour mid channel wreck fishing trips from Poole Port.
We are pleased to report that Short Stay Homes have negotiated a 10% discount for guests who stay in one of their properties.
FISHING IN SALISBURY, WILTSHIRE
Salisbury is a city of five rivers the River Nadder, Ebble, Wylye, Bourne and Avon.
Witherington Farm Fishery which has four disabled friendly well stocked lakes and good facilities with a cafeand tackle shop, Day tickets are available at Reids Tackle
Avon Springs Fishing Lakes – two large clear water lakes and the adjoining River Avon with facilitis for disabled access
Walden Estate Fishery -The fishery has been created to provide a challenging mixture of specimen carp fishing. The lakes have a great mix of beautiful mirror and common carp from a variety of different strains. Facilities include, lodge with toilet ,shower, bait freezer and electric points, secure parking.