Holiday Cottages with Fishing
You do not have to leave your angling gear behind when you stay in one of Short Stay Homes very own lovely holiday cottages with fishing as you can fish whilst you stay! Imagine fishing from your very own verandah at our New Forest Riverside Lodge or on an exclusive stretch of the Hampshire Avon where record catches have been caught. Think of the delights of indulging in your favourite sport in some of the most idyllic locations in Southern England. Your family and friends, if not fishing with you, will be happy with the many other facilities on hand, so all you need is your rod license and to remember to bring your own fishing gear.
Did you know that fishing has many health benefits as well as being a great sport.
- Increases your vitamin D input
- Good for your heart and lungs, it’s all that fresh air!
- Improves your concentration
- Reduces stress
- Gets you away from the pressures of life and helps you unplug
- Great sport for friends and family to enjoy with you
- Improves your self esteem especially if you get a good catch
- Improves your appreciation of the natural world
So why not pack your rod and chose one of our holiday cottages with fishing with Short Stay Homes who offer a range of fishing experiences.
New Forest and Hampshire Fishing Holidays
At Mews Hill and Criddlestyle Cottage, 4 swims are available on the Hampshire Avon for exclusive hire. This stretch of river is great for sea trout, salmon, dace, pike, grayling, bream and perch, and also superb for barbel and chub.
Our Riverside Lodge and the Riverside Lodge with Glamping Pod has it’s own private swim on the Hampshire Avon and it also sits upon a well stocked lake. Here you will find small carp, bream, roach, perch, tench and four large grass carp. This is where you can sit on the verandah with the ducks for company and fish to your heart’s delight with all your creature comforts to hand.
It is also worth mentioning both of our stunning New Forest thatched cottages, Beck Cottage and Forest Drove Cottage. Although these two lovely properties have no on site fishing, there are many opportunities to fish in the local areas which we have listed below. Please also look at more information our fishing page
- Sandy Balls Holiday camp offer day ticket fishing on the Hampshire Avon
- Fordingbridge Recreation Ground offer day tickets
- Rockbourne Trout Fisheries offer 10% discount to our guests
- Witherington Farm Fishery offer tickets all year roundto fish on their lakes
Fish whilst you stay in Devon
In our Devon homes, Blackdown Views , is a stunning Eco Lodge with hot tub that sleeps up to 12 with far reaching uninterrupted views and most importantly it also has it’s own private fishing lake for the keen angler. The Marlpit has a good stock of Carp, Roach, Perch and Bream. So after a hard days fishing, come back to relax in the hot tub and watch the sunsetting at the end to a perfect day.
The Farm House at South Farm and South Farm holiday cottages and fisheries have a selection of well stocked lakes to chose from as well as some lovely cottages that sleep from 2 – 16. Up to 45 if you would like to combine them!
South Farm can provide great fishing holidays in Devon.
Our fishing lakes are naturally spring fed from the adjoining hills which ensures a fine stock of hard fighting Carp, with some in excess of 25 lbs! You will also find Chub of 6 lbs plus, specimen Roach, Tench, Silver Bream, Crucian Carp over 3lb and Perch which are all in prime condition. We are confident that you will find the lakes and their tranquil, beautiful surroundings to your liking. Many of our regulars, return again and again to seek out some of our more elusive specimens.
All our self catering cottages are very close to Home lake, Lake Cottage 30m, Swallow Cottage 40m, Carp Lodge 50m, Oaktree Cottage 70m, Coshes Garden 80m, Cinders Cottage 90m, Stables Cottage 95m and the Farm house is 50 meters. The distance to Lower Ram is a further 250 meters.
South Farm is also welcomes pets so just the place to have your dog friendly fishing holiday.
To find out more information please go to the fishing news at South Farm here
Our delightful river view holiday cottage in the charming town of Wimborne, Riverview looks out to the River Stour and you are able to fish from it’s banks, right in front of the house. Often the swans come up to the patio to say hello and it is great to watch the life of the river. There is a boat hire place just a few minutes walk away and lovely views across to the water meadows from the lounge and the master en-suite bedroom.
We have 2 holiday cottages in Christchurch, Dorset that are wonderfully located in the heart of the town and within a few minutes walk of Christchurch Quay. Although these two first class holiday homes Quay House and Quay Corner do not have on site fishing available, there are so many options to fish in the nearby vicinity. You can also book them combined The Quays. See all the great options you have to chose from below:
- Take out a holiday membership from the Christchurch Angling Club and fish the famous royalties
- Try beach fishing on the dramatic beaches at Hengistbury Head, which are best in the evenings
- Charter a boat for that bracing sea fishing experience
- Catch a ferry to Mudeford and crab fish on the jetty
Please always bear in mind, when you book your stay, these golden rules of fishing:
- closed seasons (when you can’t fish) which apply to particular types of water and fish within your region
- read the byelaws of the area you are staying in
- sort of tackle you can use for certain fish in your region
- size of fish you can keep
- children under 16 need to be supervised near water at all times